Thursday, October 2, 2008

Jamie's Practicing Voodoo

corn_husk_1

Reader Jamie submitted today's craft!  This is one thing I was really looking forward to on this blog, someone who tried to copy the picture of something and had it turn out horribly horribly wrong.  This is the corn husk doll disaster of 2007.  She says that her's turned out like voodoo dolls, and I couldn't agree more!  They are straight out of the Blair Witch Project.  So thank you Jamie for being as completely uncrafty as I am!  A for effort!

voodoo_dolls_002

7 comments:

J. Baxter said...

Yet another illustration of what happens to me at Enrichment.

I love this blog. It's like coming home.

TisforTonya said...

my heart goes out to Jamie...

but really - cornhusk dolls take a lot of talent to make them look nice... maybe you should stick with a more reliable medium... like... Lego Bricks?

(no really, I couldn't make a cornhusk doll look like anything either than a voodoo pincushion myself - so I applaud your effort, and your honesty in sending the picture here!)

Becky said...

Having seen this, I think cornhusks should be used for one purpose and one purpose only: making tamales.

Jake said...

Those things are freaking creepy.

Sarah said...

mmmm.... tamales.

nevadanista said...

Children of the corn - need I say more?

Just SO said...

Well, At least she's all ready to decorate for Halloween.